Wednesday 25 March 2015

Events 2015

I'm in the process of setting some personal goals for this year, part of that is setting out where I want to go (figuratively) with my running. 

Long term I'd like to complete a half marathon. My first goal would be to finish, but my secondary goal would be to meet the 2 hour mark. (Far out, 2 hours of running?! That's crazy!)

A half marathon in 2 hours is a 5:42 min/k pace.  I ran 6.5km at exactly this pace. It's hard to imagine running this distance again two and a bit more times at this speed, but by August it's possible.

Well, confidence is key, right? And I've written it down now so it's something to work towards ;-)

The half marathon is early August.

I've got four months to train.  I read recently that in order to run a half marathon, ideal weekly mileage would be 25-30km.  I'm currently averaging about 15km. So I guess I need to work on that.

I plan to find some events to run in the coming months too - here is what I've found...

April

May 10 - Mothers Day Fun Run - 8km

June

July 19 - 15k -  (a great lead up to the half - would start tapering after this event I guess)

August 9 - Half marathon 



No comments:

Post a Comment