Saturday 9 May 2015

Mothers Day, 10k

This morning I took part in a 10k charity run here in town.  It was to support women and their families living with breast cancer.  Runners/walkers were encouraged to wear pink. I've never seen so much pink in my life!!


I had to buy a pink shirt especially for the occasion!


My goal was to beat the 60 minute barrier, and I nailed it, coming home in 55:53!! 

However, as my Runtastic app recorded 9.8km, I don't know which of the two is more accurate (but the kilometre markers on course were pretty bang on) so probably my time for 10k would have been more like 57 minutes :)


Very pleased with myself, and definitely rewarding myself with chocolate on the couch this afternoon :)

Me and my three boys after the race


1 comment:

  1. Interesting what you say about the app. My mum and I walk together nearly everyday, and we both use MapMyWalk - we never have the exact same distance at the end! I guess it depends on the satellites you hit? I'd go with the course markings for sure

    ReplyDelete