Sunday 16 August 2015

A chance to cross train

My foot is most definitely on the mend now, only the occasional twinge if I move it in a funny direction, and I'm not even limping anymore which is great. I'm planning to stay off it for just a bit longer yet - hopefully when the weekend comes I'll be out there pounding the pavement. 

A week after the half marathon, without any physical activity meant I was pretty frustrated, cranky and craving some exercise endorphins. 

Sunday morning I did a session at the pool, such a good time to go! There were heaps of lanes and a few happy swimmers. I shared the slow lane with another lady.  We each had our side which was great; no need to worry about being held up for either of us. 

I'm probably the fittest I've ever been in my life but I'm always surprised at how different swimming is. It's exhausting! I think it's due to the breathing and water, and using different muscles? (Yes, my triceps were sore the following day) I managed 40 lengths (1km) and felt pretty awesome after that. 

Today I took hubby's bike along the river track - 16.5km, no traffic (apart from the occasional dog and child who are unaware of passing cyclists!!) and a lovely scenic outlook. Had to stop for the obligatory selfie! Lovely to get out and enjoy the sunshine, though I know the old saddle will be sore tomorrow!!! 


Being unable to run sucks, but I have enjoyed the chance to do something different the last couple of days. Hopefully I can get myself organised and add some regular cross training to my schedule going forward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment