Tuesday 11 August 2015

Ice, heat and repeat..

It seems I have an injured foot.  I noticed no pain during or after the run, or the first day afterward, but randomly on the second day after the half marathon my left foot hurts to walk. 



The pain is on the outside of my foot, along the sole, and radiating up towards the knobby ankle bone (not the technical term, hehe). 

I'm currently icing and heating alternately when I can. Also bought some deep heat from the chemist this morning. Lots of rest and treatment, I hope it comes right asap!!

I feel pretty well recovered elsewhere, hamstrings and quads were most sore on days 1 and 2 post-half. I can feel a minor amount of glute soreness but it's a good feeling really!

I've been thinking about my next set of goals and will post about that soon. Perhaps once my foot has healed fully and I can get out for a couple of runs to shake things out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment